Mom

Photobucket




Hi friends! I know this mother's day post is way late but I have been sick this week. I started feeling bad Monday during 6th period. I have been trying to go to bed early and sleep it off. No, I will not take a "sick day"......I only used those days for fun things hahahahahhaha. If I am gonna miss school it better be for something super fun..not just home sick boo.

Anyway, my Mother's Day weekend was awesome. I headed to my parents house friday after school. It wasn't long before we were all on the back porch and enjoying each others company. I gave my parent's their Mother's/Father's day gift together. Tickets to see the musical Wicked!!!!!!!! which mom called "Wizard" hahahahaha oh that makes me laugh every time. We are a musical lovin family and I wanted to treat them to a fun evening in Dallas! I know they will enjoy that so much.

I took several pics on friday night but I can't seem to find them on my computer. Sad....because my dad rocked our world by grilling shrimp and veggies. Oh the heavenly smell outside. He did a great job and we loved it! I then did what I think I have done with my Mom since I left for college...........we "walked" the yard together. I was thinking about it the other day, every time I come home we walk around the house looking at plants and chit chatting. I LOVE IT. Such good bonding time ha! Mom and I then went and walked the neighborhood because it was a beautiful night.

Dixie and George did not get in till really late and i was already in bed. Saturday brought wheat pancakes and bacon!!!!! YUMMY!!!! Then it was time for us to head to the beautiful Dallas Arboretum for the day! But first Dixie and George surprised my mom by wearing "team robin" shirts in her honor!!!!! IS THAT NOT SOOOOO CUTE!!! i heart it.



Photobucket

see...such a great idea! Dad really wants grandbabies so we joked that he needs to make a shirt that says "team grandbaby" hahahha. cute cute


Photobucket
speaking of dad...there is the handsome man himself!

Photobucket
let the feast of flowers begin..........it was a blue sky day and everything was glowing!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
we stopped along the way for a little picnic. We sat under this beautiful tree. i have a deep love for trees

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
George took many of these pics this weekend which was a nice break for me hahahhaha. THANK YOU GEORGE!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
striking a pose

Photobucket


Photobucket
inside the bamboo.....
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
this collage makes me want to paint like CRAZY!!!!!! i mean, look at the goodness here.

Photobucket




Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
these chairs were out for a wedding. i thought it would be cool to have just me and the chairs.....but mom took like a million minutes to take my picture and then realized the camera was off.......hahahhahaha and this is the picture of me laughing at her hahahahhaa
Photobucket
ok, i hate armpit shots hahaha. i still believe that shaving armpits should be universal but that is another post ha. George wanted us to stand by these fancy cars (they were for advertisement)...and to look like car models...............this pic below is awkward hahahhahaha and i don't know why i mixed opera performer with car model?????

Photobucket
but clearly my sister and I have two VERY DIFFERENT IDEAS about car models hahaahhahahhaa. the girl is laying on the car. i mean, gotta love her......always giving me good blog material (remember her cool jump in a dress at a wedding photo) hahahahahha that is still my favorite photo!. this one makes me laugh too!

Photobucket
plowing......i have talked on twitter about how i would love to spend a week with an Amish family working right along with them or taking a train to somewhere random and writing about it. My dad told me for christmas he is going to get me a weekend on the "open range" hahahahha. how cool would that be. I mean, I actually like hard labor. I can't help myself friends. Can you imagine what the Lord might say to me while I learn the herd cattle!!!!!!! oh it would be so interesting! I'll try anything once ha

Photobucket

George clearly likes hard labor too!!!!!
Photobucket

oh the lovely Mom we got to honor!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
That afternoon we headed back north and had dinner at La Hacienda Ranch in Lewisville!!!! I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

Photobucket
mom...friend to all God's creatures. Just look at how she made that big bear smile hahahhaa

Photobucket
we had AMAZING Queso dip and then this massive bound of wonderful fijitas.......steak, shrimp, chicken................IT WAS AMAZING!

Photobucket

After we were so stuffed and miserable we rolled ourselves back home and enjoyed watching a movie together and just hanging out!
*
Sunday was church. Dad gave a great sunday school lesson and I got to go meet some sweet ladies that read my blog. It was so wonderful to say hello to them!!!!!!!

Photobucket



We ate a big lunch of roast, mashed potatoes, salad, and rolls. Then it was time to head home. I had a great time with the family and MOM I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I AM SO THANKFUL FOR YOU!!!!!


Friday was my grandmother's birthday. She would have been 78. I missed her all day because I spent the morning chatting on twitter about baby names and such. This is my beautiful Mother and Grandmother below......

Photobucket

I struggle with what to call her. Dixie was not yet old enough to call her a name when she passed away. So I will call her Grandmother, I think that is what she said she wanted. Anyway, I am her namesake. She was Carolyn but signed her paintings Caroline. She died 4 months before I was born. My parents had moved to Texas from Tenn and while that was hard I can't imagine losing your mother (in your late 20's), while pregnant, alone in a new state. I have always missed my Grandmother. I guess because I love my mom so much I just know I would have loved her. I love to hear about her and I love to see how she and I are similar. She loved to paint, sing and wear flowers like me. I told a friend that I never get sad on Mother's Day because I am always so grateful to have another year with my mom. I don't take that lightly. Sure I want to have babies but there is time. Right now I have my mom and I want to enjoy every moment of her that I can.

I am blessed! God is Good! I had a great time with my family! I am so thankful that I have family and I praise God that many in my family deeply love Him. I hope that you had a nice weekend too! I plan to spend the rest of this week in a really low key way. I will talk with you soon! two more real mondays BEFORE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!! ha. LOVE YOU