And it all begins......

Oh, I am just in the mood to cry. It is Friday morning and I have just finished up my time with the Lord and I am now on my second cup of Folgers with chocolate mint truffle creamer mixed in.

The only thing that comes to my mind as I think about this weekend is.....

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavnly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

We will be singing the Doxology tomorrow afternoon right after Laura and Dan kiss and are pronounced Husband and Wife. What a way to end a ceremony that is completely about a new covenant with Christ.

And for some reason, I just want to cry. The beauty of the groom coming for his bride just makes me long for the return of Christ as He comes to get His people. I wait expectantly for that day. You must understand that my tears are of joy and delight. I could hardly read my scripture out loud this morning because my heart kept screaming "Worthy, YOU ARE WORTHY, King of kings, Lord of lords, YOU ARE WORTHY".............because I am sitting in the middle of answered prayer. I am right in the middle of God's answered prayer. Do you know what I mean? After praying over Laura for years and then while in Asia as this relationship unfolded.......I am seeing the full circle of God's faithfulness.

And I want to cry because I love Him so. I love what He has done through Laura. I love how I got to watch her grow in Christ and come out of her shell. I love that He is the GOD of Light and in Him there is NO DARKNESS.......even when she went through dark times. I am so grateful that He hears us and He honors our obedience and He teaches us what and how to pray. I love that He honors our patience and blesses our perseverance to be faithful.

To so many they would say..."Caroline, people get married...it's a wedding, what is the big deal?"............ the big deal is that THIS MARRIAGE IS A GIFT. This marriage is not the result of Laura or Daniel jumping in front of the line because they just "had to be married". It isn't a marriage that came out of manipulation or maneuvering so that either one got what they wanted.

No.

It is a marriage that came out of them SEEKING FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD...in another country......and allowing God to write out their story.

What joy it is to let God be God. What joy it is to pray without ceasing over things and choosing to not take control in the waiting period. "Praise God from WHOM ALL BLESSING FLOW".....

And this morning I am just worshiping God. I am just lifting my hands to Him in amazement that the God of the universe hears my every prayer and my every longing. He hears. Prayer changes everything. Prayer brings us into deeper fellowship with our Maker. Prayer increases our faith and brings joy to our souls. Prayer reminds us that we get to cast all our cares upon Him because He cares for us.

We don't always get to see the results of our prayers...that I understand....but when God allows us to see the beginning, middle, and end of these requests I can't help but boast in Him! What a MIGHTY GOD WE SERVE!

No prayer is too small or too great for Him, so pray friends! Pray without ceasing and no matter how or when He answers....PRAISE HIM STILL!

This weekend is God's. May our joy in Him be evident to all!

Oh Father all creation knows your name. If we do not praise you then the rocks will. I thank you that you are the safest place for me. That I can tell you all my ugly things and you love me still. I praise you for this man you have called to be Laura's husband. I pray that He will be a strong leader in their home and a man that is yielded to you. I thank you that you have chosen to answer this prayer over Laura and Daniel. We do not take this blessing for granted and we lift our voices to you. Your ways are so much better than ours. Thank you that you teach us to be pure and beautiful in our waiting. This marriage is not about them but YOU. May it bring you GREAT DELIGHT as they work and serve you. As we sing to you tomorrow may your presence fill that church and may our worship bring YOU glory, honor, and praise! Amen, Amen, and AMEN!