A Day in Fort Worth....
Went home to the parent's house this weekend to celebrate Dixie's birthday! We enjoyed sitting on the porch, eating Dad's amazing grilled burgers, and playing Mexican Dominos for hours. It was a fun time.
Saturday morning I woke up to Breakfast casserole in the oven and pears cooking on the stove with brown sugar and Cinnamon......have you had that before? My great grandmother use to make it for us in Water Valley, Mississippi and we would put it over her angel biscuits!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD!!!!!! My mom is AMAZING!!!!! The girl can cook and I can see that I will be gaining weight now that she is retired and has time to make us all kinds of goodies!!!!! BLESS HER!!
That afternoon we got all spiffed up and headed to Cow Town......Forth Worth that is. I shall keep my words few because there are so many pictures....you will be able to tell what we did haha!
But first....we went to eat at Joe T Garcia's....MY FAVORITE MEXICAN FOOD PLACE!!!! not kidding!


the weather was perfect so we decided to sit outside.....something we HAVE NEVER DONE in all the years we have been going....

waiting to be seated pics....



not sure why this pic is huge.....but here is the birthday girl and George

soooooo....we have been missing out. The back of Joe T's is WAY COOLER than inside. NOT KIDDING. can i please have a reception or party there.....just look......so pretty


me so excited with the atmosphere


now to business....the fajitas will make you cry with joy

and so will the large bowls of cheese, sour cream, and quac.

DELIGHTFUL JOY!


see what I mean.......the courtyard goes on and on and there is area after area for parties and band stage areas. Oh I am very much in love friends!

After we ate, we parked at Billy Bob's and walked around the Stockyards.



in the old train station there is a candy store that was so fun!

hhahhahahahh is she not cute or what!




playin around...............




*
Dad.is.a.stud.muffin! seriously!


hahahhahaha
this sign is so perfect!

Dad about to fight the statue

Mom flirting with the statue



in the words of my dad...when he saw this in a shop........he pointed and said "This guy is still waiting on his wife"......hahahhahaa...


I love old cars.......

is this not a cool interior or what?

So after walking around for awhile...we went back to Billy's to buy our tickets to go dance.... that comedian "here's your sign" guy was the act that night and tickets were way expensive so we decided to go back out and play..........a great choice in my opinion..



So they have the big Maze that was on the Amazing Race 5...we decided we should try it out!

I love stuff like this....

sadly I was the last one out.....12 minutes to get through but I think that is pretty good....even if my Mom totally beat us all!

and then we were put in jail....
*
I was sad

Mom was sad

George was scary hahahahha

then happy

and so was the birthday girl!
We then went to another outdoor Mexican place for cokes and sopapillas! It was a great day and weekend. Lots of laughing! . Of course you know me and I could write every detail but I am so tired tonight and it is almost my bedtime.
Hope you enjoyed and had a lovely weekend as well.
Sweet dreams friends!