Fun July Days with Mom

Hi everyone! What a difference God can make in somebody's life in about a week! ha! It is with Great Joy and Gratefulness to share with you that the minute I confessed out loud, to the world what I was struggling with, the weight began to fall off. I am 6 pounds lighter today from last Tuesday and I am just Praising God. It is a miracle but if God wants to get rid of something then you know what....He can make it happen as fast as He wants! AMEN


There is this "blessing your spirit" book by Sylvia Gunter that I have and I just find it so profound. One of the days last week was talking about trust beginning with this verse........



"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord , THE LORD is the ROCK ETERNAL."

Isaiah 26.3-4




it followed that verse with these powerful words........


"He wants you to experience so much of His faithfulness that you are EMOTIONALLY AT PEACE IN HIM! There is a time and a place for risking on God as an act of faith, even when your emotions don't agree, BUT it is far greater, a more wonderful special gift, for you to TRUST and be TRULY AT PEACE with what your Father is going to do and what He has called you to do"............................



"Since this is God's will and since this is your birthright, I bless you with having perfect peace that comes from trusting in the Lord. I bless you will experiencing your Father's Faithfulness. His faithful love toward you, even when others do not love you or do not consider you lovely. I bless you with experiencing His love, for your emotions to be aware, to know, to savor, to feel, to relish the love that your Father expresses toward you!"................



"I bless you with having perfect peace about your Father's communication with you. He will speak at times through His Word very clearly and personally to you. At times He will be silent, and even His Word will seem closed and dry, But I bless you with perfect confidence and perfect peace during the silences of God, as you stand on the things He has said to you in the past. I bless you with NO ANXIETY in the PRESENT BECAUSE GOD HAS SPOKEN SO RICHLY IN THE PAST. I bless you with the surety of knowing He will speak again at the right time and that right place, that you will hear clearly what you need to hear at the right time to make the right decisions"............................



"I bless you with having your mind steadfast on the MEMORIES of GOD'S PAST FAITHFULNESS, so that when you come up against what appears to be a crisis situation where He has not moved yet, you will have perfect peace that He will move at exactly the right time because you have experienced HIS TIMELY FAITHFULNESS IN THE PAST!"....................................



"and finally I bless you with seeing where your Father has protected you. I bless you with experiencing His protection in the danger that comes near but does not touch you. I bless you with firsthand knowledge of your Father's infinite creativity in rescuing you from harm. I bless you with having your eyes opened to see circumstances and situations where the enemy set a trap that you didn't see, and your Father in His infinite wisdom and power removed the trap before you were aware of it! I bless you with seeing so much of His protection that you will trust Him as implicitly you trusted your mother's heartbeat in the womb. I bless you with having a mind that is set on Christ, who offers this peace!" Amen



Not sure if that part of the book blessed you but I hope it did. Read it again and put your name in the areas after it says "I bless you_____" and man oh man does it speak with great authority to your soul. What a difference a week can make......what a joy it is that God can turn us upside down and all around as fast as He wants! So I will openly and honestly Praise Him out loud because like the words above said.....He has been faithful in the past and He has not given up on me yet! Praise the Lord!



So that is my spiritual update......let me now update you on my weekend! Mom came up around lunch time on Thursday to spend the night with me. We, of course, hit up the Dove's Nest tea room because it has the best food and we can NOT resist the pie! ha! Oh what fun we had and let me tell you, we shopped till we dropped that day. Got home about 7 and changed and was out the door for an hour walk on the trail and main street in town!


The next morning we got up bright and early to hit the road for


Canton, Tx



Home of the World Famous Trades Day Flea Market! Now as many of you know.....we lived in Canton for about 7 years (me just 4 1/2...then to college)......Canton is where I graduated High School and scary enough is where I will celebrate my 10 year reunion next SUMMER!!!

Y-I-K-E-S......deep breath....trusting.....ok hahahahahahha oh i am kidding, I love getting older hahahhahahaha. Anywho, it is the greatest place to get outside and shop...and eat of course.


This is mom all ready to go with the basket for our special finds! If you ever go......DON'T PAY TO PARK.....just park over by the square of FBC Canton and walk in.......then you see the cute town square and save $10!



Trunk before.....



Me and Mom at 8.30 am before the heat and SERIOUS TROPICAL SWEAT TOOK OVER! However, I wore a little knit dress and you know what.........IT DOES NOT SHOW SWEAT!!!!!!!! SHUT UP! i AM SO NOT KIDDING AND I WAS SO WET UNDERNEATH BUT NOT A SINGLE SOUL KNEW IT!


Now that is my kind of outfit!



Here are some town square pictures.....this is where First Monday started. Canton is the county seat and every month...back in the day..... people came in to trade goods and watch the criminals hang from trees at the square......crazy right....and then of course it grew and grew and killing somebody was not as cool as really great antiques and crafts so it they did away with that and before they knew it there were miles of Pavilions and millions of people!.....I think that is how it went...don't quote me on that hahahahahha that is the Hughes version ha!






We moved from Nacogdoches to Canton. It was a much smaller town and I was in love with the local movie Plaza........showed only 1 movie for $3.25 and I thought it was the most darling thing ever! sadly it closed my sister's senior year...tear.....









not that you care, but this is the little corner shop I worked in, my very first REAL job, soph year in high school.....it was a clothing place and I did not work there long....manager was CRAZY bless her heart and I soon found out that I could make one MEAN SNOW CONE at Bahama Mama's and more boys wanted snow cones over clothing hahahahhahha! Boy Crazy.........at 16 um yes! hahahahha I worked that job for 2 summers and LOVED IT!!!!!!!!! Mixing up new flavors on a slow day was an artist's dream come true!!!!!



inside pic of one of the pavilions



we were walking around and saw that one of the little shops was named Caroline........



AND OF COURSE I HAD TO GET MY PICTURE WITH IT!!!!!!!



Mom shopping in a cute booth and then we ran into....



Heather- my friend from High School that I went to her Christmas party in December....i posted about that trip. She was running a shop and it was fun to catch up!



THEN.........and let me just say that on the way to Canton mom was praying out loud about our trip and praying for other requests and she said this....." And Lord, put in our path the people we need to see and shut out those that we don't". And you know what....as the day went on we ran into one person or group of people over and over that just brought us great joy.


One of the families we ran into was Miss Christi, her Mom and her daughter Allison who just graduated from OBU and is getting married in January. They went to church with us and I just loved them! We hugged and laughed and it just made each of our days!



By the end of the day I told my that my love tank was OVERFLOWING. Sometimes it is so good to go back to a place you called home for a period of your life. Oh such sweet fellowship it brings to the soul that has been away for awhile!


So, after awhile mom and I began to really slow down. We found some cute chairs outside of a covered shop and drank fresh lemonade that was to DIE FOR and super sweet!



then we shopped more.........and by 5 we realized that we had been walking for about 7 1/2 hours! hahaahaha and it was time to head home



with a basket FULL of goodies



Soooooooooooooooo what did we get...well let me just show you a few things. One thing I bought is a gift for Laura and Daniel at their engagement party we are having in August. I will show you it then but let me tell you......I LOVE IT!!!!!!


you can get cheap wrapping paper at first monday....this is 60 ft for $6.00....white and red...and you can use it for every occasion!



GREAT BAGS!!!!!!!!!! 12 for $5











And this is what the bottom of my Christmas tree will look like this year!!!! so fun!!!!! and SASSY



I LOVE OIL CLOTH! I do, I do. I wear aprons at school a lot since I teach art and needed a new oil cloth one. I like to find cute and fun aprons for class because I can get away with that hahaha . With green being my favorite color.....i of course had to get this one....here is me trying, key word trying, to get a full pic of me and the apron.



up close



and of course super up close hahahahhaha. i love it with the red strap!



That night i went to bed at 9.30 pm and slept till 10 am. I was soooooooooo worn out from two days of shopping! ha! I had the best time with Mom! We are so much alike and we just have a blast dreaming up new ideas for things and things to make and decorate. We are openly loud about things that we think are so cute..........yes we are "those" people in a store that everyone can hear saying....."oh this is SOOOOOO CUTE" and "Oh my gosh look at this" and "oh we need that" hahahhahah. I love it!


Love you Mom!


Hope you all had a great Independence weekend! I love each of you and I thank you OVER and OVER again for allowing me to always be open with you. To be able to share my story and song with those that want to read! Enjoy this Monday and claim the blessings that were written above as your very own! He offers His faithfulness to ALL! A-L-L !!!!!!!!! Now that should make you smile! love you!