Easter at the Parents

Oh Easter, oh Easter........how I love your chocolate treats......and food on the grill and mom's lush dessert and dad's choice of little chocolate donuts for breakfast!! hahahahahh.. I went home to my parents house for easter. This is them when I showed up. Are they not a good lookin couple or what? Mom will say it is her female kidney in Dad that makes him extra glowy these days........I say he is a man very happy with retirement! ha!
I got a new camera recently and I am in love with it! Told my parents it will take the blog to a whole new level........maybe.....maybe not.......could care less because I am having so much fun taking pictures! So much fun that there are so many on this one post. i could not choose. ha! and in the words of my dad..."Nothing is safe from the blog"! hahahhaha true true true! One day they will thank me for all the play by plays of life! ha!
I drove in late Friday morning. Table already set for a yummy lunch.



Mom made chicken salad and this chredded cheese and rotel dip...MOM I NEED YOU TO EMAIL THE RECIPE TO POST OK.....anyway, both were amazing!

Then Mom and I headed to Denton to get peds and meds together! SOOOOO MUCH FUN! and boy did my feet need some lovin. I don't think they had recieve TLC in a longggggggggg time!

mom lovin the massage chair
my feet drying. ignore my sores on the toes.....I had mowed and edged the afternoon before and it did a number on the feet! OUCH!
nails done...i got these stupid things in a moment of weakness a few weeks ago. I am a nail biter..always have been. I am also an artist so from 11 grade on I have had hands with paint and all kinds of things on them from art. feels nice to have pretty fingers lately! hhahah however, they are coming off the minute our cruise is over in June!
Then mom and I headed out for some shopping to prepare for our vacation. That night we picked up dad and headed to the new RED LOBSTER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SHUT UP SHUT UP have not eaten there is FOREVER and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good and so tasty I could hardly control myself! I could not stop talking about it! Sadly...my battery died and Red Lob will not be memorialized on the blog...tear.... but my leftovers rocked my world!
Mom when we got home in the back yard......
just playin with the camera...little flower
LOOK AT THIS SKY!!!!!!!! oh it was just breathtaking


parents in the office....
Dad jammin to a song he wrote!
work it, work it! haha...love this photo
sat morning I woke up..9AM....praise GOD for letting me sleep past 7.30....to the smell of coffee, bacon, and wheat pancakes!
WHEAT??????? yes that is what I said!. THEY ARE AMAZING! Mom put pecans in them and they soooo tasted like Cracker Barrel YUMMMM
Then we enjoyed the morning doing what ever we wanted! I started my Easter post while mom made this Lush dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! angel food cake and all the goodness! Then we showered and then .......
i masked........just keepin it real for you! hhhaha SO SCARY I KNOW!!! HAHHa i love it! i crack myself up sometimes.....and yes....i do have eye lashes..they are just blonde hence the reason i am in love with mascara!
We got to spend some good time on the porch rocking and reading our bibles. That afternoon I ventured over to the neighbors for a small photo shoot with the horses. I have told you before that my parents live in horse country. Horses are everywhere and I really think it is so fun!
Look at this girl....or boy..i forgot to look...anyway, they have a blue eye and a brown eye! love
lets just call the horse a "her". Is she not a model or what! look that this diva!
then she was over it and ready to eat!
Dad on the back porch chatting with Mike about some upcoming song recording....so exciting!!! "OH LORD LET IT BE SO"is what i keep saying!!!!!

because we had not eaten in about 2 hours hahahhha jk....dad started getting the burgers ready. It is all about the dried onion soup people!
we lingered on the porch while the meat grilled. I LOVE GRILLED FOOD WITH ALL MY HEART! ooooooooooo so good so good
Sunday was church with my parents. This is my darling little friend Ashton
Ashton's dad was a coach under my dad. She and I really get along because we understand the role of "daughter of the coach" haahaha they no longer live in Sanger so it was good to see them in town for a visit! Lucy, Marcus, Ashton, and Lucy's mom!
Dad's Sunday school class! It is getting so big PRAISE THE LORD! they average about 50 or more a week which is so exciting for their small church.
dad teaching! dad teaches the way i learn. we are very similar in that way so I always love hearing him. We both love the history involving the bible as well as the meat of the Word! I always leave there learning something which makes me VERY HAPPY!
My parents after big church.... I LOVE THIS PICTURE!
then one with me and my bad hair day......getting a cut and color THIS WEEK!
mom's cute dress
The end! Oh it was a great weekend!
THANK YOU MOM AND DAD FOR SUCH A GREAT AND RESTFUL TIME!
We always have such interesting conversations! I love "vacation dreaming" with y'all and I love being on the porch together! love you both and thank you for a great weekend!
Hope you all had a great weekend too! love you!
ps...too tired to proof read so just forgive the mistakes...i don't follow grammar rules anyway hahaah!