Saturday in Cedar Hill

Can I just be totally honest with you.....Father is not giving me the gift of writing today. Well, really this whole week. I have so much on my heart that I want to share but He will not let the words come out on paper yet. I am left with carrying a message that I know is from Him but feels like a heavy burden on my part. So I have been looking at a blank page for 2 hours now so i am just going to tell you about my weekend. Please pray that He will allow me to share with you all soon. Apparently this is not the time and I must be patient.....and that I will be.
So Amy and I had a full day yesterday in Cedar Hill. We both kicked it off with meeting at this new Mexican food place that is pretty good called "Matt's". As you know I am a true and faithful lover of burritos and anything with cheese. So I was SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY TO EMBRACE THE BURRITO!!!! yum yum...i should have taken my kelly food pic but i totally forgot.....next time!

We then headed over to a little shop on the sqaure area...that is about to get a BABE"S CHICKEN>>>>SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leanne I know you are soooooo excited..now we both have one by us..........oh cream of corn here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry..focus caroline...the reason we went to the shop was because they were hosting a "Toms Paint Party". I don't know if you have ever heard of Toms shoes but they are great and Amy just loves them. Here is a little bit of what they are about...........
TOMS was born in 2006 by Blake Mycoskie out of a commitment to produce stylish, comfortable, and practical footwear while improving the lives of children around the world. Every pair sold is personally matched with a donated pair to a child in need. ......isn't he cute. amy and I always appreciate a little scruffiness...I think he would be perfect for her hahahahahhaha wink wink.
“Inspired by a traditional Argentine shoe and challenged by continent’s poverty and heath issues, I created TOMS with a singular mission: To make life more comfortable,” says Mycoskie. TOMS accomplishes this through a unique shoe and Mycoskie’s commitment to match every pair purchased with a pair to a child in need…no complicated formulas, it’s simple…you buy a pair of TOMS and TOMS gives a pair to a child on your behalf. "

check them out at......... http://www.tomsshoes.com/

So the party was for people to buy the toms and you could paint on them or just buy them. This is Amy getting some extra attention from the Toms rep hahahahahahaha and enjoying it hahahahhah. He was helping her put on the new wrap around boots. Hey...we take what we can get ok!!!!!!


people shopping and painting......
The cute boots. They are fashioned after the wraps they put on polo horses. Very cute and they are flat....KELLY I AM THINKING YOU MIGHT NEED A BLACK PAIR WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT.....THEY ARE SOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!
I liked all the patterns. The black polka dot were so perfect to teach in. What art teacher doesn't need a great looking shoe!!!!!! I however did not buy a pair. I will wait and use my birthday money...maybe...thats right girls...aug 17...mark the calendars for the BIG 27! hahah oh you know I am just kidding!
baby toms...so sweet.

We had a "Going Away" party that evening but had hours to burn so we headed to my favorite places ever......MARSHALL'S. Here is amy with her new pair of paints..............
yuck i am totally kidding....did you see how high waisted they are......almost to her neck. sick!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my new dress I bought for church and school! I got it at OldNavy and it is a trench coat but when I put it on I was like "um amy this buttons all the way down..it so can be a dress"!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH...just picture my big fat pearls.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so fun

Later that night we met up with some friends from Hillcrest Baptist..and a few others... for a going away party for Tabi. She is heading to TOKYO.....my new bff city...for 2 years to teach english and share the gospel. I am so excited for her!

Tabi
Us and Tabi. She is really good friends with our Best friend Laura..who is also gone for 2 years.

We had a great time and I was able to talk her head off about what I had learned in Tokyo. I am really excited for her. I wanted to show you what I was looking at on the drive home....back to the country.......this was at about 8.30
IT was on the drive home that I began to think about all the M's God has called out of my past church. I look at photos of us just last year or a few years ago and can point and say "gone, gone, just got back, gone, went......" I am so blessed that God has given so many of them the job of leaving everything to serve Him. One church.....one group of friends from college...and only a handful of us are still in America! Now that is a good story! GOD YOU ARE GOOD!
Back to the point about what God is going to ask me to write about......it is now time for me to turn all my attention to a new church that He is calling me to serve in my new town of Waxahachie. I can't see which one...(def not the one i visited today).....i don't know what He wants me to do....but He will show me and I will write about it when He tells me it's ok. Hope you had a restful weekend out of this HOT HOT HOT HEAT!!!! TEXAS IS OUT OF CONTROL!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!