Keio University
ok so let me first explain how the heck i have time to blog while here. We work non stop all day long and from about 8.30 till after 8 pm. Then we get back to the hostel and chill. This blogging has been wonderful for me to get minutes alone..........it has been so nice. It is Thursday morning right now...9.05 am but i believe it is 7 pm for most of you! We have the morning off and are not due in Shibya till 3.30 YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Oh i am on my second cup of coffee and enjoying the children outside heading to school in their darling little uniforms and hats. Japanese babies are so beautiful. I keep telling my kids that if i could just get on in my arms and snuggle.......i would be a goner. They are just so sweet. The mommy in me is just coming out all over the place here! PRAISE GOD that He has made us all so different. The food, the culture, the dancing, the styles, the eyes, the skin...........I LOVE THAT OUR GOD IS THE CREATOR OR CREATIVITY!!!!! He just blows my mind!
Let me update you on yesterday. We headed to Keio University which is the most prestigious universities in Japan. They allow us to walk around, however, they like us to stay under the radar and not offend. So our goal yesterday was just to make friends. We prayer walled for about an hour and then began to move freely around the campus.
THis is a goup of students doing some kind of dance/yell/military type something...i don:t know. It was cool to hear them yelling hahahhahha
my students think it is funny to take my picture when i am in mid sentence. WHY???????? I have yet to figure it out.....but i think because i am so animated when i talk and then they get the pic and i look like a crazy person. this one is not that funny but here i am sitting in these cool chairs and reading scripture......i will post the other random "talking pictures" later.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
SHUT UP
i thought i was gonna have a heartattack if i did not join in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i waited patiently till the class was over and then went to ask the professor if I could come back for her next class. Now, they had told us to stay clear of the prof and admin so that they do not kick us off campus. BUT.........God being the cool father that He is, gave me an opportunity to use my teaching background and my love of jazzercise to get me an invite into "their world". TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!!!!! can you believe it? so she and i chatted for a long time and her english was great. She even shared her lunch with me and it was just a great bond. Here she is in the orange..
Dad, this is the new field they are building.........i tried to get a tour of the field house for you...you know me, always checking things out......but they said no.......so i went in the trees to get a view!!!! pretty nice
SO that is my update for yesterday. I love hearing from yall. I share what you are saying with the team so that they know that they are really being lifted up! There is one song that is in my mind the past 24 hours....."for thou oh Lord, are a sh for me, my glory and the lifter of my head". He is the lifter of my head. He is all that I need. Do you know what I mean? Tokyo and a crazy texas girl...really God? He says "YES GO" how beautiful are the feet that bring good news. I think that this summer will be my summer of understanding that my God is the author of impossible and finds great joy in showing me His greatness time and time again. I go home in a week to a new house that Only He could provide! FATHER YOU ARE ALL THAT I NEED!!!!!!! You and only you fill me up! I praise you that you allow me to be apart of you WORK!!!!!!!