TO WAIT

Something is on my heart and if I don't share...i fell like i might explode! I have been given a word so I will obey....praying that you hear me, understand what God is saying, and would be encouraged. ....

TO WAIT......
I spent Tues night at a Ladies dinner with my dear friend Jana. There was a fashion show followed by a speaker. At first I thought I would really like what she had to say. She too was single for a long time and began to talk about her time alone. However, by the end of it I was so ready to shout out scripture to her. Really, does a single girl, that is in love with the Lord, need a book about how to get the second date? Or a "coach" in the dating department? I was so outraged that I was like "hold me back, hold me back Holy Spirit before I say something." Man oh Man......the crazy part is that the very things she was talking about were already on my heart and mind.

SINGLE....yes i am single....and waiting...
I can't express how amazing my years have been with Father. He has taught me that it is HE ALONE that gives me joy. He has taught me how to turn to HIM FIRST IN EVERYTHING.....not parents, food, shopping, friends...BUT HIM, He has taught me how to hear HIM then ACT, how to pray, and how to depend on HIS knowledge and wisdom not man's. I like it just the way it is right now. Me and Him. Sure I have moments when i become overwhelmed and wish I had a mate to help make the decisions with me. I am content knowing that His desire for me is to allow him to work out all baggage or areas of my life that need attention........ so that I am whole in him. Then everything after that is just a beautiful bonus of His Love for ME! Don't get me wrong, I WANT TO BE MARRIED. I mean, when I think of marriage the one thing that makes me excited is "what will be our ministry". What is it God will ask the two of us, as a covenant, to do for him! Oh that makes my heart full. But I still have to wait.

What bothers me is the TONE or sometimes negative attitude that is directed to someone that is WAITING. We are ALL IN THE WAITING ROOM!!!! Waiting for a job, spouse, children, loved one's to know Christ, children to return home, pounds to come off, cancer to go away, healing to happen, breakthroughs to take place, and bondage to be broken.

THAT IS WAITING! I looked up the word and TO WAIT means :
Hebrew:
hiding place
hope for
to be patient
design

Greek:
To Wait in Expectation
to watch
TO EXPECT FULLY
to receive

I'm pretty sure that all those word meanings are positive and full of LIFE. They are all words that give me a visual of someone on the edge of their chair or on the front porch.......just waiting for the blessing!!!! Just reading that list makes my soul sing with great joy for our God that WILL PROVIDE. Now it may not be in the way we think.....BUT HE WILL PROVIDE!!!!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt 6:33-34

You see, if I am fully WAITING ON GOD, then I am fully TRUSTING GOD! A trusting heart and a worried heart can't co-exist. I make the choice to either trust Him or not. But half trust is like half obedience.......it is still not trusting.

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money". Matt 6:24

If I am trusting in the Lord then I don't need some self help book or "assistance" in whatever area I am waiting in. I NEED HIS WORD!!!!! Sure, books are great and I love to read. But they are still written by man and at the end of the day God needs to be the one directing change in my life......NOT ME. And let me add, to all you single girls that read, you can't stop God's plans. I mean, i could be drinking fruit punch and laugh, causing the punch to go up my nose and shoot out my nostrils.....onto my date's face........and still get the next date. If it's God's plan ,then it can't be stopped!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight". Proverbs 3:5-6


We are going to have to learn to wait one way or another. I can fight it and have heartache the entire time, or I can cling to Him while He perfects me. Either way, He will bring us to our knees. If someone is really "waiting" on something, then my response should be "Wow, Praise the Lord that you are really trusting Him" or "Oh I am so glad you too are choosing to wait in expectation for GOD to provide". It gets on my nerves that we might look at someone that is "without" in our mind as "oh bless there hearts or what are they not doing right."..........or even the small look of pity. Yes, some of the journeys have sad moments in their 'wait' and even moments of desperation ............but if they are really choosing to TRUST GOD, THEN SO SHOULD WE!!!!!!!! It is my responsibility, as a member of the BODY, to support and encourage in every way. To learn to Praise Him with our MOUTHS. To share the excitement we have for Him to FULLY PROVIDE!!!!! TO WAIT EXPECTANTLY on HIM!
I am choosing to WAIT. Because after Father spoke to me this week, he gave me new eyes and a new love for this word and the action that follows.

"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word." 2 thess 2:16-17

ETERNAL ENCOURAGEMENT
So, I love you.
Each and every one of you. If you are waiting, like me, oh i hope you cling to the meaning of the word.

Oh Father, I know this was wordy, I ask that you would simplify it as they read. I am overwhelmed that you spoke this word to me. I praise you Father that the meaning of this word brings encouragement. Forgive me if I have offended in anyway Lord. That WE WOULD CHOOSE TO NOT LOOK AT OUR CURRENT STAGE AS A NEGATIVE, OH LORD, BUT SUCH A BIG FAT WONDERFUL TIME OF EXPECTING FULLY THAT YOU WILL DO WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD DO!
You are the Love of my Life, Father.
Increase our time together.