Mother's Day Weekend!!!!!!!

Oh what a weekend!!!!!! I can barely keep my eyes open this morning. We had a great family time together. On Friday I headed home and had lunch with my mom at her school. On the way to their house...I passed this........oh how i love horse country!!!!!!

This weekend I was in charge of dessert. Well, that happens to be our favorite part of any meal. I cooked up a batch of those AMAZING SYMPHONY BROWNIES.....as seen on Sunni's blog.
They were soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!! I used Ghirardelli brownies mix....2 boxes as well.........so amazing is all i can say!!!!!! And yes, this weekend involved 5 pounds added to my hips........jazzercise is top priority this week!!!! me and the chocolate
My dad got home and mowed the yard. I asked him if i could mow the back.....why....................
..1. i need a tan........2. his mower drives so fast i feel like i am in a race car. so fun!!!!!!

Then dad made his sooooo go burgers on the grill. I love this picture of my dad. he is so cute with his tongs. hahahahaha

The Lady of the Week!!!!!!!


Saturday we got up and headed to the FORT WORTH ZOO!!!!!!!!! mom, dad, sister Dixie and brother-in-law- George
girl photo op
George tackling the gator or croc...i don't know
My dad hanging out with the Eagle Head

me in the bird sanctuary....they would come and eat the food on the sticks we bought. sooooo cool
My mom's name is Robin, she has a big thing for birds......doesn't she look so beautiful in this picture. She was in her element!!!!
Then we headed to the stockyards for some home-made Mexican food. oh the fajitas will make you want to cry!!!!! SOOOO GOOD!!!!!
We love going here....birthdays, graduations, mothers day,......any day!!!!inside


SALSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
food.......................YUM YUM YUM
HAPPY MOM
Church on Sunday!!! Oh my dad brought it with his lesson!!!! amen amen!! That was followed by the best roast and potatoes i have ever tasted and corn casserole...............and brownies........i am now so bloated!!!!!!

So now I want to tell you about my mom! I was born 4 months after my mom, who was the same age I am now, lost her precious mother. My parents and sister had moved to Texas just a short time before and my mom was not in Memphis, Tn when she died. So she had a newborn, a almost 2 year old, new to a state, and no family around. Her mother's name was Carolyn and she was an artist too. So I was then named Caroline after her. From then on my mom and I have been really close. I LOVE HANGING OUT WITH HER!!!!! We are so alike...minus the fact that she is so "math" oriented. She is one of those woman that walks into a room and everyone is listening to her every word or laughing with her. She has a big heart and she loves deeply! Her and my dad are the best pair. They balance each other so well. She sings at the drop of a hat, she sneezes louder than anyone I have ever met, her laugh can be heard towns away, when she is mad....you better do what she says....but she never holds a grudge. She sings in the choir and her face tells the stories of our Father's faithfulness to her. She has the joy that is contagious and the smiling eyes that put you at peace. She is so beautiful and taught us growing up that "Pretty is as pretty does". isn't that the truth!!!!!!! I have learned how to really love the Lord from her. SHE IS A PRAYER WARRIOR!!! When i was younger, I remember wanting to be just like her in that area. I see her as such a "Mary" in a Martha world........although she will say that for the longest she was a martha. SHE IS SO DEVOTED TO MY GOD. SHE SPEAKS HIS NAME, SHE GIVES HIM ALL THE PRAISE HE DESERVES, AND SHE HAS TO BE LEAD BY HIM!!!!!!!!


Mom, I love you so much. I love all the motherly things you have done for us. I am so thankful for all you gave up in order for us to have. But the most important thing to me is that you have always shown me Jesus. At the end of the day.......you are still pointing me to Jesus. You have shown me how a real relationship with him plays out. You have never been afraid to share with me how the Lord used hard situations to get you on your face before him. YOU ARE REAL MOM!!!!! YOU ARE FAITHFUL, YOU ARE HONEST. You are my best friend and the only earthly person that gets me. YOu have provided me such a safe place to be totally honest with you about struggles and victories. I MEAN, YOU GAVE A KIDNEY TO DAD SO THAT HE MIGHT LIVE!!!!!!!!! Praise you FATHER FOR THIS WOMAN!!!!!!! Continue to push her and challenge her in YOUR GREAT WORK!!!! Thank you that I have now had my mom longer than she had hers. Praise YOU
Mom you are such a light with the fragrance of God all over you!!!!!

"Let your light so shine before men,
that they may see your good works and
glorify your Father in Heaven".
matt 5.16

"Rejoice in the Lord always.
I will say it again: REJOICE". phil 4.4