My Friend Leanne

I have a dear friend that I have know since 5th grade. I moved to Nacogdoches, Tx the summer before 5th . We had been living in Dayton, near Houston....yuck for humidity and mosquito’s...when my dad got a call asking if he would become the Defensive Coordinator at Stephen F. Austin State University. This was a dream job for him after being a Head Coach and Athletic Director for many years. He dreamed of being a college football coach! So we packed up and headed to east texas......home of pine trees, preppy people, and southern charm. We instantly fell in love with the whole town. We only lived there for about 4 years and then Dad answered the call to go back to high school for the sake of us. He was so busy recruiting and practices and lonnnnnnnnggggggggg hours that he missed out being with us! Isn't God faithful that way sometimes! He gives us what it is we really think we want and it's good for awhile, then he says "ok, I let you get a taste of it, now you do what I want you to do". Anyway, I made a wonderful, Leanne, during those years. We went to the same church and had most of the same friends. After I moved we still saw each other here and there. Then we lost touch for a couple of years during college. My sister ended up going to SFA, so we would visit and I would pop by Leanne's house to see if she was there. We still have dear family friends in Nac. About three years ago, while in Arkansas at the lake, she called me out of the blue and GOD HAS BEEN AT WORK EVER SINCE. He has used both of us in each others lives for different reasons.....the end result being a deeper walk with God. I love how he puts people in our lives and says "yes girls, you are going to be friends again and I am going to do some major work". As a coach's daughter that has moved about 7 times in my life (not counting after high school)....don't even get me started on houses in each town.....I have a lot of friends from the different stops in the "Hughes family adventures". But many of them I do not have a close relationship with. Leanne knows me from pre-leg shaved days and massive bows in our hair, I love having that history around me. It is so rare for people like me! So I introduce to you my friend leanne, and thought I would give you a fast picture history!!!!!!
little Leanne Little me
Junior High Showstoppers...hahahhaha love the bangs and vests!!!! oh how we loved to perform...
our junior high and cheer picture....oh the memories!!!!!!!

And us NOW......no bangs PTLOn Sat. she and I met up in Carrollton to eat lunch. We both love food and decided it was time to make a trip to Babe's. Now if you have never heard of Babe's let me just tell you that this place rocks my world.
Everything is served family style. HOMEMADE Biscuits, CREAM STYLE CORN, GREEN BEANS, SALAD, MASH POTATOES AND GRAVY THAT MAKES YOU WANT TO CRY!!!! The meat options are like fried chicken, chicken strips, chicken fried steak, roast, and fried fish. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOODDDDNEEESSSSSS. This place is good!!!! So we ate, talked, ate some more, talked some more.......did I mention the side items are "eat as much as you want".....DANGEROUS GIRLS. After we were stuffed, we headed back to Addison to the Barnes and Noble. Leanne is a huge reader like me and has fallin in love with Karen Kingsbury books......she has read almost every one. So if you are looking for a good Christian fiction get one of hers!Lena - had mentioned several books that she wanted for her birthday and so I thought I would check and see what they were about . Lena, I saw this book and instantly thought of you........
It is sooooo cute and the illustrations are beautiful. This is a must have for a Jane Austen fan!!!!!
So that was my weekend. This was long....that's what I get for writing this all day long. Sorry girls...if you even made it to this sentence hahahahhaha. Hope everyone is ok and staying awake because this time change is really getting to me!!!!!!!!
Leanne, I love you dearly! You bring such laughter to my life!
PS....IS IT ME OR DOES ANYONE ELSE SOMETIMES FELL OVERWHELMED WITH CATCHING UP WITH OUR BLOG READING...when you have been gone a couple of days?????? i NEED A SYSTEM! ANY SUGGESTIONS