Good Friday......Good Times


Hey ladies!! This is Caroline's friend Amy!! I am new to the world of blogging...but since I am breaking into Caroline's home life this weekend, we thought it would be appropriate for me to share :)

First of all, can I just share with you that Caroline and her mother are the SAME PERSON! :)Which I love!!!! same laugh. same volume. same joy. same passion. ...love it.

So Friday I rode with Caroline on the way and she made me listen to the last part of her Beth Moore study she is currently doing, which was wonderful!!! but it was so good that I cried the last half of the way and looked like a mess to her poor parents by the time we arrived. haha! Caroline explained to her mom and she immediately understood! :) so funny! (Caroline and her Mom also share an equal love for passionate Bible study)

Lunch? Amazing!!! Chicken salad on croissant??? need i say more? but yes I must. Homemade spinach dip and orange spice iced tea. (which really can't get any better)


Then it was off to the shops. Caroline found some beautiful dresses that she looks gorgeous in (as always). I am a huge fan of shopping, and these ladies can hold their own! It was a beautiful day and so much fun.

However, even though it was a shopping day, the theme in my book was FOOD. bc we had an equally wonderful dinner at a local Thai place. (no spring roll will ever measure up again I am afraid)
.........Dad isn't the only musical talent in the fam..........
.......us being silly on the campus of UNT.....
Let me tell you, the Hughes don't do things half way. Just dinner? no no. There was dinner AND
entertainment! After we got back to the house we rocked out to Daddy Hughes on the guitar! A talented poet and song writer, he wrote some precious songs to his wife and daughters! :) so beautiful!! He also performed a variety... some Spanish style as well as humorous political tunes as well! How cool is this Dad???!!!! I mean seriously I can't remember the last time I went home and got serenaded by my dad? probably bc I am more likely to get on update on the stock market or politics....but a concert? (not that i am complaining bc i love my dad, but only pointing out the appreciation i have for this family!) and this was not an acoustic girls, Mr. Hughes rocks an electric!!!! (are you in love with this family yet?)


Lovely evening.


of course after that, I discovered I am not doing so hot on my bracket ladies! I have yet to figure out how Caroline knew nothing of March Madness???!!! what? but next year i am determined to involve her.... so talk it up!


Saturday is relaxing thus far. We took a long walk to the creek and I got the tour of the town. They live in horse country (it is Texas after all) and it is all open spaces! beautiful country and big breezes around here. it has been so relaxing and refreshing to be here!


I'm sitting on a rocking chair on their back porch as I am writing, listening to the wind chimes and anxiously awaiting for the what will no doubt be amazing workings of Mr Hughes on the Grill and the Mrs. in the kitchen.
to sum up: Hughes excitement + Hughes food = one good time! :)
Easter Sunday........